About This Hunt
For an uncommon, FULL 7-DAYS of hunting locked on and in pursuit of GIANT UNHUNTED Northern Alberta pre-rut/rut Black Bear. This full 7-day adventure includes the harvest of one (1) Trophy Black Bear. This is the REAL DEAL and is a REMOTE ADVENTURE in a top tier program for UNHUNTED, OLD AGE CLASS, MONSTER BLACK COLOR PHASE BEAR AND TIMBER WOLF.
If you want a program that can produce unparalleled fun adventure as well as record book trophies in ALL categories, consistently, then you have just found it.
- Hunt top-end genetics where 5-year-old Boars can already square 7+ foot, 300 pounds with skulls over 19 inches!
- Untouched population with great cub production.
- REMOTE – UNHUNTED PROGRAM that epitomizes adventure.
- GIANT color bear in high percentage with the possibility to harvest 400+ pound (Spring weight), 7 ½ foot+ Bear with skull exceeding 20-21 inches, living up to and exceeding 20 years old!
- As our guest, you will see no other people aside from those at our camp.
- One hunter said this about our hunt: “Best black bear area and hunting I’ve ever seen!”
This all-inclusive adventure hunt takes place along the most remote stretch of inaccessible wilderness that the world famous Athabasca River system has to offer.
Our camp is located along the second largest National Park in the WORLD and the largest freshwater delta on earth! You will fly right into our world-class program and camp for this all-inclusive adventure hunt.
If you wish you can also combo up these UNHUNTED GIANTS with our Timber Wolf.
Hunt Dates: Spring Bear/Wolf
June 8-15* 4 Spots Left
TOP BEAR SKULL SIZES
19 12/16 Archery
20 6/16 Rifle
18 7/16 Rifle
19 2/16 Rifle
19 8/16 Rifle
20 4/16 Rifle
19 6/16 Rifle
19 2/16 Archery
19 14/16 Slug Gun
19 15/16 Archery
18 plus Archery/lost
19 plus Rifle/lost
20 plus Archery/lost
(Minimum B&C score is 20 inches)
Multiple giants on baits that we did not have hunters for.
Multiple giants “passed” due having 1 dead and seeking color, and an attempt to move hunters in that didn’t have big bear yet.
We run approx 3-4 baits per hunter (if factored by the numbers).
$4,900. USDDiscounted Hunt: $4,700 or group rate $4,500 (2 or more)
- All-inclusive (see the list of features included below)
- “2nd” Trophy Black Bear: $2,500. USD Trophy Fee
- Observer/Non-Hunter: $250. USD Per Day Rate
- Trophy Northern Timber Wolf: $1,500 USD trophy fee, (unlimited harvest cap)
- License & Tag Fees: $400. USD (approximately with all-in with Wolf license)
- General Sales Tax: 5% Applied Only to Basic Hunt Price and license/tag fees
- Firearm Rental: $250. USD. Per week rate.
Our all-inclusive package includes:
- All accommodations
- 7 FULL DAYS HUNTING – GIANT Northern Pre-Rut/Rut Black Bear and optional combination Timber Wolf in an ALL NEW CAMP and recently explored, developed and opened, virtually UN-HUNTED, low pressure/impact program, on the most remote stretch of the WORLD FAMOUS Athabasca River drainage.
- Charter flight to and from Fort McMurray Airport.
- GUIDING SERVICES – On 2X1 basis by LICENSED GUIDES that are PERSONALLY PROVEN BOW HUNTERS AND PROFESSIONALLY SUCCESSFUL HIGH-LEVEL PRODUCERS in a quality game management program.
- ALL TRANSPORTATION – We provide all transportation on your adventure hunt. Hunt travel/transport via Watercraft and ATV and Trailer Combo Units. These may be altered/adjusted in response to in-field logistics. We like to say “WHATEVER IT TAKES TO GET IN THE FIGHT AND STAY IN IT.”
- OUTSTANDING REMOTE CAMP COOKING – Home cooked culinary/meals in a small camp size atmosphere.
- COMFORTABLE WILDERNESS CAMP – Spacious wood heated wall tent accommodations, cots, ½ inch foam sleeping pads, hot showers with on-demand hot water, shower house, and more! All the amenities of home are here. We believe comfort promotes front-line efficiency and production.
- This hunt does not include alcohol, caffeinated drinks/pop, tobacco, or Guide/Camp Services Staff — “gratuities.”
- A deposit of 50% is required to secure your booking and it is NON-REFUNDABLE. Final payments must be made 60-days prior to the hunt. This is also NON-REFUNDABLE. Payment can be made via wire transfer, certified check, money order, OR through/via pre-arranged “cash upon arrival” and prior to hunt commencement. NO PERSONAL CHECKS ACCEPTED IN CAMP. CASH ONLY. Hunt receipt provided upon arrival. Complete payment required to activate and receive tags/licenses upon arrival.
- You will receive an email with APO “Adventure Hunt — Client Contract.” suggested “Gear List” following initial deposit payment.
- Min. Legal .243 Caliber. Full metal jacket bullets prohibited. Programs developed by Expert Guides ~ To include Bowhunters ~ To promote/ensure positive Male/Boar & age class identification ~ To provide MAX trophy quality potential and Area Productivity ~ To maintain (QGM), Quality Game Management, and Program Standards.
- Bow Hunters & Alberta minimum requirements ~ Minimum Legal draw weight 40 lbs ~ Minimum Legal arrow length 28 inches to broadhead tip ~ with Min. 7/8 cutting diam. ** Expandable broadheads are NOT permitted. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- You have the option of either flying into Edmonton International or into Fort McMurray International Airport (YMM).
- If you choose to fly into Edmonton, a rental vehicle will be required, with all travel via highway. The trip will take approximately 4 to 5 hours, North – East to Fort McMurray.
- If flying into Fort McMurray International, you will travel by rental cab, to the Merit Inn and Suites, where you will find your pre-booked and reserved evening hotel accommodations. You will be responsible for their cab/shuttle services, as well as those evening accommodations.
- The next morning you will shuttle to our Fort McMurray based air service. We will communicate to you via email with a pre-determined departure time for your flight into our camp. Once you have boarded our flight your adventure has begun!
- Personal effects. Camp clothing and light shoes.
- Any medication, painkillers etc. that you think you may require. BE PREPARED.
- Own sleeping bag and pillow. (Cots and a ½ inch foam mattress provided. Bring larger foam mattress if required).
- Any small personal comfort-related items that you might desire that cannot be foreseen and/or supplied by APO.
- Leather, waterproof, ankle high boots.
- Rubber boots
- Spring/Fall coat. Extra sweaters long underwear etc.
- Quiet rain gear, pants, and jacket with a hood.
- Any Camo. Pattern clothing is fine.
- Warm head covering and a cap.
- Light and medium weight gloves.
- Weapon & sufficient ammo.
- Rifle Hunters ~ Minimum Alberta Legal .243 Cal. We like to see upward of .30 Cal. Full metal jacket bullets prohibited. Open sight rifles are amply sufficient. If desire a scoped rifle, bring low power with a large field of view optics. This is considered close range rifle hunting.
- Bow Hunters ~ MINIMUM 1 dozen arrows. QUIVERS ~ BOW MOUNTED WHEN HUNTING ~ NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Alberta minimum Bow requirements ~ Minimum Legal draw weight 40 lbs ~ Minimum legal arrow length 28-inch to broadhead tip ~ Minimum legal 7/8″ (.875) cutting diameter broadhead ~ Expandable Broadheads NOT Permitted, NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Soft sleeve/case for firearm or bow DAILY transport. (Dust protection). Trail travel can at times be dusty.
- Optics ~ Rangefinder, Camera, Binoculars ~ not required. If personal must-have item, bring smaller powered and lightweight smaller framed glass. GPS’s SHUT OFF IN ALL IMAGE CAPTURING DEVICES. APO POLICY.
- Daypack for taking gear etc. to the stand. Waterproof/resistant is a good idea.
- Mosquito proof Face/Head Net. IMPORTANT.
- ThermaCell. Bring volume refills. Carry small bottle/aerosol, sufficient volume of mosquito repellent. IMPORTANT.
- Flashlight & headlamp, knife, small and simple weapon maintenance supplies. Any small hunt related items that are important to you.
- NO FOLDING/LOCK BLADE FIELD USE KNIVES PERMITTED ~ 1 PIECE FOR ALL FIELD USE PERMITTED ONLY. (SAFETY)
- XL Dry Bags, to contain rolled up and FROZEN Bear & Wolf hides/skulls. 1 XL Dry Bag ~ Per ~ INTENDED HARVEST.