About This Hunt
DESCRIPTION OF HUNT
This hunt starts early in the morning, after a nice breakfast and some coffee and juice.
Nyala is the main animal in this package, they are usually shot early in the morning or later in the evenings just before sunset. That is when they are the most active. The diet for Nyala's consist of 80% bush and 20% grass. Most of our hunting will take place in areas with dense bush where they feed. Shots are usually taken at close range as Nyala prefer to blend in rather than run away. Very similar to Whitetail deer.
The Eland is one of the favorites plains game species to hunt, they can travel great distances and usually move in big herds making it hard to get close.
Big bulls can weigh up to a ton and when mature they have a dark tufted hair in front of their foreheads.
Most hunts are characterized by doing long stalks and heavy lifting. This would be a second addition to your spiral horned collection. This package will be a great challenge for any hunter and worth every dollar!
February to the end of October
ANIMALS IN PACKAGE
- Black Wildebeest
- Blue Wildebeest
HUNTING PACKAGE INCLUDES
- Luxurious accommodation at our lodge with hot showers and comfortable beds.
- You will receive 3 meals a day. Most of the meat prepared for lunch and supper will be of the animals harvested!
- There is an open bar with most soft drinks, beer, wine, and hard liquor.
- Daily laundry and cleaning service.
- Services of a professional hunter, trackers, and a skinning team to take care of your trophies once harvested.
- 4x4 land cruiser to help with the hunt.
- A cooler box with refreshments on all hunting vehicles.
HUNTING PACKAGE DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Trophy fees for game wounded or lost
- Accommodation expenses prior to and after the hunt
- Hotel and accommodations prior to and after the safari
- Charter flight from and to Oliver Tambo to Outfitter
- Transport by road to and from Oliver Tambo to Outfitter
- Airport taxes and transport cost
- Import and permit fees required by other countries
- Shipping of trophies and taxidermist bills
- Any other sightseeing than the hunt experience
- Local and International calls and internet
- Medical expenses and insurance
- All DVD and recordings
WHAT TO BRING ON AN AFRICAN SAFARI
Good quality sunglasses – preferable polarized.
Safari shirts, T-shirts and long-sleeved cotton shirts
More formal clothes for your stay at prestigious city hotels
Underwear and socks
Good walking shoes
Warm winter jacket
Warm anorak or parka, scarf, and gloves for the cold winter months ( May – September)
Light rain gear for summer months ( Late November to April)
Camera equipment and plenty of batteries
If you wear contact lenses, we recommend that you bring along a pair of glasses in case your eyes get irritated from the dust
Binoculars – essential
Malaria tablets if applicable
Moisturizing cream & Suntan cream
Insect repellent e.g. Tabard, Rid, Jungle, etc.
Basic medical kit
If on chronic medication bring enough for the safari
Tissues or “wet wipes”
Visas, tickets, passports, and money
Waterproof/dustproof bags/cover for your camera
Please note that bright colors and white are not advised while you are on safari
The cuisine is of high quality. You will be served with the best cuts of game meat combined with chicken and beef. This gives you a taste of truly South African cuisine.
After a hard hunting day, we enjoy drinks at the fire and share stories of our past hunting experiences.
Things to do:
Spa on the site
Site seeing on the property
Relaxing at the swimming pool
FILMING AND VIDEO PRODUCTION
To remember your great safari experience we have professional cameramen in the area that can help you to capture that unforgettable moment with you for a lifetime. Your DVD can show your family the beauty of Africa and also your day to day activities. We will refer you to two companies who will edit and compile a video and then send it to you.
We offer fully Halaal food on request. We have a specially trained Halaal chef that can come into the camp and provide you with every need. He will combine the best of Africa with the best of Asia and the Middle East.